Big news! We’re pleased to release the next version of Otherplan, our free software for the Othermill. This update, which we’re calling Otherplan Duet, brings you a bunch of new features, improvements, and a host of little tweaks and fixes that make for an improved milling experience.
Download it now, then let our spiffy new autouploader take over! Every time we release an adjustment or a new verison of the software, your software will update itself automatically. No need to re-install.
Some exciting changes in Otherplan Duet:
- Support for two-sided machining! Use the alignment jig (included with the Othermill) to precisely align parts on both sides.
- User interface updates to the tool selecton, loading, and changing process.
- Support for undo/redo, and a new button to easily refresh design files when they change
- Importer and speed improvements
- Fumigated for bugs – we caught a bunch!
If you haven’t used Otherplan before, you’re in for a treat. Otherplan is visual, interactive and performs a ton of engineering and planning behind the scenes, making your milling experience simple and robust. Simply import a design file to see what the resulting product will look like – what you see is what you make. Then, just set up your material and tool in the software and on the machine, and you’re ready to cut. Otherplan runs on Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
Otherplan’s interface may be simple, but its core is anything but. Advanced users can enable BitBreaker mode, which allows full control of feeds, speeds, and other milling parameters.
Although Otherplan works best with an Othermill, it can be used without any hardware to export industry-standard g-code to whatever platform you prefer to use.
Thanks to all our dedicated beta testers for helping our software team with issues and suggestions!